Reduce energy consumption by 76% with Pilaster
The energy consumption of a property dropped from 207 MWh to 49 MWh after the
Pilaster energy renovation.
ENERGY RENOVATION – MORE ENERGY EFFICIENCY
Each apartment is equipped with its own exhaust air heat recovery pump – providing cost-effective and energy-efficient cooling and heating.
Energy production can be optimized for individual apartments.
The Pilaster AIR ventilation system ensures fresh, clean air and reduces the need to ventilate your home.
Effective apartment-specific monitoring of energy and water consumption
ENERGY RENOVATION – INCREASED LIFECYCLE RETURN
Energy-efficient building services reduce maintenance charges
Technology that is easy to maintain and upgrade
A comprehensive maintenance agreement ensures that the Pilaster solution is reliable and cost-effective
Increase the return on your property investment and rent income
ENERRGY RENOVATION – COST EFFICIENCY AND PROPERTY VALUE
Fixed price for standardized factory-built products
First-class technology that is easy to install
Minimal construction waste
Our technological edge increases the value of your property
The Pilaster energy renovation reduces heating costs by 30%.
An investment that pays itself back
The Pilaster Air heat recovery pump is at the heart of the Pilaster system.
As each apartment or flat is equipped with its own Pilaster Air system,
energy efficiency is taken to a new level, with no significant loss of heat energy.
PILASTER HEAT RECOVERY PUMP VS A CONVENTIONAL HEAT PUMP
1. The Pilaster heat recovery pump differs from a conventional air source heat pump in that the Pilaster heat recovery pump uses exhaust air from the apartment or flat as a heat source, which is warm even in the middle of the Finnish winter.
A conventional air source heat pump uses outdoor air as a heat source, which means that it is difficult to recover heat effectively in sub-zero conditions. This results in a significant drop-off in energy efficiency.
2. The other major difference is that the Pilaster heat recovery pump functions as an effective ventilation system. The Pilaster AIR solution includes apartment-specific air filters that ensure clean, filtered intake air flows into the entire apartment via ventilation ducts. This leads to a noticeable improvement in indoor air quality.
A conventional air source heat pump only circulates the air inside an apartment. A separate ventilation unit with no effective air filtration is required for fresh air intake.
3. The third difference is that with the Pilaster heat recovery pump, heating and cooling is distributed evenly throughout the apartment via the intake air flow.
A conventional air source pump is usually equipped with only one indoor unit, which distributes heated and cooled air unevenly in the apartment.
4. The Pilaster heat recovery pump enables you to manage your apartment’s heating and cooling with maximum energy efficiency. Thanks to the apartment-specific Pilaster heat recovery pump, you can reduce heating energy consumption by 76% and property-based CO2 emissions by up to 90%
A conventional air source pump is used only for cooling in residential buildings.
PILASTER HEAT RECOVERY PUMP VS A CONVENTIONAL ROOFTOP EXHAUST AIR HEAT RECOVERY PUMP
Pilaster’s apartment-specific heat recovery pump also differs from roof-mounted exhaust air heat recovery pumps.
1. The Pilaster heat recovery pump is more energy efficient than a similar roof-mounted unit. In addition, with the Pilaster solution, heat is collected directly outside the apartment and transferred indoors into living spaces along with intake air flow.
In a rooftop exhaust air heat recovery pump, the recovered heat is transferred into a liquid that is pumped into the building’s basement and used to heat conventional radiators inside the apartments.
2. Rooftop heat recovery pumps do not improve indoor air quality nor function as a ventilation system.
The Pilaster AIR heat recovery pump functions as both a ventilation and air filtration system. Clean, filtered air is conducted via the intake air flow, thereby ensuring a significant improvement in indoor air quality throughout the entire apartment.
3. Rooftop heat recovery pumps cannot be used to cool residential buildings.
With the Pilaster AIR, you can heat and cool your home with maximum energy efficiency. In fact, by using the Pilaster heat recovery pump, you can reduce heating energy consumption by 76% and property-based CO2 emissions by up to 90%.
Pilaster heat recovery pumps produce renewable heating energy in line with the needs of your home.
Installing solar energy panels on your property is now profitable. The Pilaster system enables you to take full advantage of solar power year-round. The heat recovery pumps are used to transfer solar power directly into the cooling and heating of apartments.
A small ground source heating system or district heating network can be used to heat water or generate addition heating capacity in the apartment with outstanding cost efficiency. The advantages of the Pilaster system are less reliance on external energy sources, low operating costs and a smaller carbon footprint. With Pilaster, you can stop using fossil fuels for good.